SUREWAY INTERNATIONAL CHIRSTIAN MINISTRIES (SICM) is a charity organisation registered in England and Wales (1054401).
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Sureway International Christian Ministries (SICM) collects and uses your personal information. Please read this notice carefully and if you want more information or clarification about our data protection and privacy policies, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Post: 1 Higgs Industrial Estate Herne Hill Road, London SE24 0AU
- Phone: 020 7733 6315
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sureway International Christian Ministries is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. These laws will be updated in May 2018 to strengthen your rights to privacy and give you control over your personal information that organisations holds. This new regulation is referred to as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you:
- When you become a registered member of the church;
- Make a donation/tithes;
- Register to take part in our Fundraising events
- You are a church leader and/or have a key role in a church working in partnership with Sureway International Christin Ministries;
- Sign up for gift aid;
- Fill in visitor’s card.
- From other sources:
- When you register to sponsor a destitute child, widow, pastors or mission project through SICM and you live in the UK or Ireland, the administration of such sponsorship is processed by us;
- We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address we hold;
- Information made available publicly by Charity Commission, Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and articles. Please read more about how we use this information in the Fundraising section
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Personal identifiers such as your title, name;
• Contact details including postal address, email, telephone number, and DOB
• Financial information such as your bank details where applicable,
• If you are UK tax payer for the purpose of gift aid,
• The event location where you registered to sponsor a child, widow, missions, pastor or a project;
• Family, spouse or friends, when you are sponsoring jointly as part of a supporter group;
CREDIT, DEBIT CARD & PAYPAL PAYMENT INFORMATION
At the moment SICM does not take credit, debit card or PayPal donations.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
- The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which you have disclosed to SICM and we will always treat such sensitive personal data with confidentiality and greater care in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
THE REASONS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The pastor(s) being able to contact, visit and support you when necessary (e.g. in cases of birth, illness, bereavement etc.),
- To process the weekly/monthly general offerings, tithes, and other donations,
- To claim gift aid on you donations (applicable to tax payer in the UK),
- To manage and coordinate volunteers in the church,
- To enable us tailor care and ministry towards members within a demographic group e.g. prime life, men and women ministry, stag, youth and the k. k. c.
- To be able to contact you with relevant and appropriate information,
- As part of our membership requirement. (a knowledge of those fellowship with us),
- To contact you if our own contact details changes in the future,
We ask you permission to contact you, unless you ask us not to do so by:
- Email, text and WhatsApp:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email, text, and WhatsApp.
From time to time we may send you information about out yearly financial statement etc
We will call you by telephone if the Pastors, deacons and women’s ministry need to visit or find check your well-being.
You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by:
• Calling us on 020 7733 6315
• Emailing email@example.com
• Emailing us to unsubscribe from each email communication we send
Sureway International Christin Ministries delivers essential relief and support beyond the needs addressed through widow and child sponsorship. This includes the Children’s Homes, Destitute Women’s Tailoring Institute Programmes. Providing Formal Educational Schools for poor areas, Primary Health Medical Missions, Water and Sanitisation projects and Street feeding programmes.
We may seek your permission for your information: photographs/video streaming to be viewed publicly depending on the settings for social media and messaging services like Facebook, YouTube and WhatsApp, Calendars, Posters and Flyers.
Third party research organisations
We at present do not use third party organisations to research and provide us with general public information available about you.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Sureway International Christin Ministries do not and will not share your information with anyone. The only time we will share your personal information with trusted third parties is where necessary to provide services e.g. Gift aid tax reclaim which you have filled the form, to develop or maintain our systems. Sureway International Christin Ministries may be under duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
LENGTH OF TIME WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Sureway International Christin Ministries will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner. If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPA) gives you the right to:
• Request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information SICM holds about you.
• Correct or update your personal information processed by SICM
• Request SICM to stop using your personal information including photographs for promotional purposes or for any other purposes where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
THE PRIVACY AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS REGULATIONS (PECR):
• This gives you the right to choose whether or not to receive communication from us by email, text, telephone or post. Please see the Marketing permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
REPORTING CONCERNS OR COMPLIMENTS
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about SICM’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
SICM will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will send a notification.
We take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone at Sureway International Christian Ministries for your generous and sacrificial support. God bless you.